Thursday, April 10, 2008

How to Know God's Will

As I was preparing to preach a message entitled, "How to Know God's Will" I came across the online booklet below that offered good biblical counsel on this subject. If you are seeking to know, hear and follow God I suggest you read through the booklet for encouragement.

http://www.rbc.org/uploadedfiles/Bible_Study/Discovery_Series/PDF/how_can_I_know_what_god_wants_me_to_do.pdf

Remember, knowing God's will is not a about following a formula. Knowing God's will is to know God personally through faith in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord. As you believe in Him your life is transformed and you begin a life of knowing and following Him.

The Bible is God's word in written form. To know God's will it makes sense to read God's word. Prayer is talking to God and listening as He speaks. To know God's will it makes sense to spend time in prayer, listening as well as talking to God. The Holy Spirit is God living in every believer teaching and bringing to rememberance everything Jesus would teach us. To know God's will it makes sense that we rely and listen to God's Spirit living within us as believers.

My life verse applies directly to knowing God's will. I close with this:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6