FBC Carthage E-News
June 19, 2017
Yesterday was a good day at FBC Carthage as we celebrated Father’s Day and recognized our dads. Let us pray for the men in our church and community that they will lead their families in a godly way and set before them an example of love and devotion to Christ. Here is the link to the humorous video we shared of “Stuff Dads Never Say” https://skitguys.com/videos/item/stuff-dads-never-say
Also during the service we distributed a handy emergency (worst case scenario) hammer to the men for their vehicles. Our prayer is that you never need to use it, but just in case, here is a link showing a similar hammer in use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Is5aWJPUk If you did not receive one of these handy tools, they will be in the Connection Point as long as our supply lasts.
Vacation Bible School was a great week of impact as we had over 100 children and youth learning about Jesus. We praise the Lord for at least two who trusted in Jesus as their Lord and Savior. A special thank you goes to all the workers, teachers, and helpers who were a part of our VBS 2017 Team. Because of you and your service, lives were changed.
This week is our church’s mission trip to Atlanta to work with Bro. Kewon Foster and Out of Love Ministries. We have a team of 15 preparing for this exciting weekend as we prayer walk, conduct a community block party, and distribute meals to the homeless. Pray for safe travels and an effective ministry during this mission effort. The mission trip dates are June 22-24.
Next Sunday, June 25 we are planning three special home fellowship services to encourage fellowship and give a little different experience on Sunday night. The home fellowship services will be:
Youth Phillip and Kathy Piper 54 Morris Drive
Young Adults Steve and Cindy Dowell 6 Pettrross Ln
Adults Tim and Fran Frank 607 Main Street N
Have a blessed week,
Here’s news for you:
· We are collecting adult vitamins, children vitamins, children cough suppressant, infant vitamin drops, prenatal vitamins, and ibuprofen for the mission team to Guatemala. Please bring them to the Connection Point before July 12 for the team to pack.
· Youth are reminded to get your summer camp forms filled out, signed and notarized, and back to Bro. Matt this week. Camp begins next Tuesday, June 27!
· A Church-wide Family Trip to Mammoth Cave National Park will be held on Thursday, July 6, leaving at 8:00 AM. Everyone is invited to attend to this special trip. A sign-up sheet is in the Connection Point to reserve you and your family a spot.
· Attention Men! We have tickets for the Men’s Main Event to be held on July 28-29 at the Municipal Auditorium in Nashville. Speakers for the weekend will include football star, Kurt Warner; basketball legend, Darryl Strawberry; , radio personality, Rick Burgess and many others. Tickets are $50 for men and $25 for young men under 18. See Bro. Matt Davis to sign-up for this incredible and uplifting conference.
· The Backyard Bible Club continues each Tuesday at the Community Room of the Clemons Circle Housing Area behind the church. We will have a Bible story, crafts, games, and food at 4:30 PM. Help is needed in the refreshments, crafts, and games. Contact Bro. Matt to join in the fun.
· The Smith County Fair will be July 31 thru August 5 and we plan to have a ministry booth again this year. Each night will be hosted by an Adult Sunday School Class. Everyone is encouraged to wear your ministry shirts and join us for this ministry to the community.
· The low-impact exercise class will be offered this Wednesday afternoon at 1:00 PM in the Christian Life Center. Everyone is invited to participate.
· Five spaces are available for a Church-wide Camp-Out on July 21-23 at Defeated Creek Campground. To reserve a space, contact the church office at (615) 735-1929. There will be a Lake Day for everyone on that Saturday, July 22 beginning with a Kid’s Bible Club at the Campground Pavilion at 10:00 AM followed by boating and an evening covered dish fish fry at 6:00 PM.