FBC Carthage E-News
August 19, 2019
Last week we had a great start for the GriefShare class on Tuesday nights at 6:00 PM. We meet at the Chamber of Commerce building, 939 Upper Ferry Road and the group is open to everyone. If you or someone you know is dealing with the sorrow of grief after the death of a loved one, join us this Tuesday at 6:00 PM. There is no cost for the sessions and workbooks are available for $15. Scholarships for the workbooks are available with no questions. Join this week.
Sunday night began a new series on Psalm 23 as we take a closer look at one of the most beloved passages in Scripture. We are utilizing a video resource on RightNow Media by Pastor Matt Chandler. Here is the first 6 minute video of the series: https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/352010?episode=1
If you haven’t signed up for RightNow Media you can do so right now at https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/cfbcThis free resource is made possible as a gift to you from FBC Carthage. You can invite your family and friends to receive these videos for free as well.
Pray for our college and university students as many travel back to school this week. Friday, August 24 from 3-6PM is Freshman Survival 2019 at the Tech Baptist Collegiate Ministry (BCM). The cost is $5 for the event, t-shirt, and dinner. Students, check out the BCM on your campus! There is something for you!
Have a blessed week,
Here is the news for the week:
· A new semester of GriefShare, a 12 week grief support group will began on Tuesday, August 13 at 6:00 PM. All sessions are held at the Smith County Chamber of Commerce Building, 939 Upper Ferry Road and are open to the public. If you or someone you know has experienced the loss of a loved one, GriefShare provides a supportive group setting for help, support, and comfort. You don’t have to journey through your grief alone.
· Children’s Choir begins practice for a special Christmas program this Wednesday night, August 21 at 6:30 PM. Children’s Choir meets on the 2nd floor of the Educational Building and is for all children through 6th grade. For more information see Crystal McCall, Elizabeth Davis, and Audrey Russell.
· Wednesday Night Suppers are in full swing at 5:00 PM. This fellowship supper is prepared and open to everyone. The cost of the meal is $3 adults, $2 students, $10 family max. We are also enlisting people to help with meal preparation once a month. Contact Bro. Tim for more information.
· The Sew-n-Sews ladies sewing group will meet today Monday, August 19 at 9:00 AM in the Christian Life Center. This group makes pillow case dresses for the Operation Christmas Child boxes. All ladies are invited to attend.
· Christy Dyer Gultom and husband, Edward invite you to a Wedding Reception on Saturday, August 31 at Stevens Street Baptist Church, 327 W Stevens Street, Cookeville, Tennessee. Everyone is invited to this special event that begins at 11:30 AM. Christy is our mission partner in New York with New City Church and Bridge Community Church. They were married in New York on July 4.
· The Smith County High School Music Department is presenting “An Afternoon of Hymns” on Thursday, September 12 at 6:00 PM. The choirs from First Baptist Church Carthage and the Carthage United Methodist Church will share in the special evening. Everyone is invited to attend and this event will be held in the SCHS Auditorium.
· New York City in the Fall will be a memorable mission experience. This mission trip will be October 3-6. We will be working with New City Church in their Annual Fall Festival in the Park on the bank of the James River. It is a beautiful setting for this important work as we host one of the activities for the 600+ children who will attend. If you would like more information, contact Bro. Tim.