FBC Carthage E-News
March 23, 2020
Our first Sunday of online services only went very well. Thank you to all those who worked tirelessly last week to get us up and ready on YouTube and with the online giving. The Digital Church Community came together and we had a good attendance, as well as a great service. The services are posted on Facebook and YouTube to view later if you missed them live. If you have suggestions for ways to make the services more engaging, please send your thoughts to email@example.com.
Our live, online Digital Church Community Services are:
Sunday Mornings at 10:45 AM
Sunday Evenings at 6:00 PM
Wednesday Evenings at 6:30 PM
Each service will feature a different message and updated information for the congregation.
We have begun to offer online/text giving through your credit card or debit card. Almost $1000 came in yesterday though this giving option. It will be extremely helpful during these online only days. To set up your online giving, text the word “Give” to 1-615-492-8661. The reply will direct you to a site with clear instructions on how to set up your giving by credit card or debit card and complete your offering to FBCC. The church will receive your name and amount of your offering so electronic giving amounts will be included in your annual contribution statement. Remember, during this time you can also mail your giving in by check or bring it by the church office during the week. The Church address is 409 Main Street N, Carthage, TN 37030.
During these weeks of limited contact we still want to stay connected to you and your needs. Text messages, email, and phone calls will be our primary tools. I would ask you to contact me or the church office if you have needs, physically of spiritually. Also, it is important to stay in touch with your Sunday School class members. Talk to people. Pray with people. Find unique ways to reach out through the tools available.
The term for all activities for the time being is “Temporarily Suspended.” Here are some of the major events that are “Temporarily Suspended:”
All in-house services and activities at FBC Carthage
Association Men’s Conference
Association Executive Board Meeting
Association WMU Quarterly Meeting
Defeated Creek Campground Services
Wednesday Night Meals (Except for Shut-In Deliveries)
Young at Heart Trip and Meeting
Spring Revival with Pastor Elijah Wanje
Women of Joy Conference
RightNow Videos are a great way to spend these days being at home. There are videos for children , as well as great videos for youth and adults. This resource is completely free to you. The church is paying the monthly fee. This resource can also be given to your friends and families during this time. One special note, if you have an Apple TV or box you can download the RightNow Video App and watch the videos on your TV.
The RightNow Video of the Week is “The Testing of Your Faith.” Join Dr. Bruce Wilkinson as he teaches the biblical truths about what happens when God sends a test of faith into your life, and how to stand firm and allow God to bless you through these tests when they come. If there were ever a time our faith is being tested, it is now in this Corona Virus pandemic. Check out the first video in this series: https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/386
Remember, you have to sign up to be able to view the resources at RightNow Video. Simply go to: https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/cfbc
Bible Reading Plan for March 23-29, 2020:
Mar. 23 Judges 16-18
Mar. 24 Judges 19-21
Mar. 25 Ruth 1-4
Mar. 26 1 Samuel 1-3
Mar. 27 1 Samuel 4-8
Mar. 28 1 Samuel 9-12
Mar. 29 1 Samuel 13-14
Have a blessed week,
Here is a review of the Digital Church Communications from last week:
· The 10:45 AM Sunday Morning Service, 6:00 PM Sunday Evening Service, and 6:30 PM Wednesday Evening Service will be live streamed on the First Baptist Church Carthage Facebook page and the new First Baptist Youtube Channel fbcarthage.
On Facebook, search for First Baptist Church Carthage
On Youtube, search for fbcarthage
· The service on DTC 3 at 10:30 AM and 104.1 FM the Ranch radio at 10:45 AM are the prerecorded service from last week.
· Online giving is set up and available. TEXT “GIVE” to 1-615-492-8661
Text “Give” to 1-615-492-8661. The reply will direct you to a site with clear instructions how to set up your giving by credit card or debit card and complete your offering to FBCC. The church will receive your name and amount of your offering so electronic giving amounts will be included in your annual contribution statement. Remember, you can also mail your giving in by check or bring it by the church office during the week. The Church address is 409 Main Street N, Carthage, TN 37030.
· An online Bulletin is available on FaceBook at First Baptist Church Carthage.
· Prepare for the online services by having your Bible, Notebook, and Pen. Listen, participate, and worship the Lord. Turn off all other distractions and focus on the service.
· Bro. Matt Davis will serve as our Digital Pastor during the services. He will monitor comments and respond as appropriate. Please, Do not use the comments as a time to chat. Just like talking in church during the service, do not disrupt others by excessive comments. Bro. Matt and his wife, Elizabeth will be available for you to call and share with during the Invitation/Decision Time at the end of the services. We have only two lines so you may get a busy signal or leave a message.
· It is important to stay in touch with one another during these days. Call, text, email, and send letters to encourage and strengthen.